Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: A poem from a Marine to his Father. Recieved in e-mail.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member dirt34's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    A poem from a Marine to his Father. Recieved in e-mail.













    The Marine wants this to roll all over the US - please help!!!!!!!

    God is Greater than ANY problem I have !!!
    Please don't delete this until you send it on,
    Let's send it around the world.
    FRIENDS ARE BORN, NOT MADE





    This is a poem being sent from a Marine to his Dad.
    For those who take the time to read it,
    you'll see a letter from him to his Dad at the bottom.
    It makes you truly thankful
    for not only the Marines,
    but ALL of ou r troops.

    THE MARINE



    We all came together,
    Both young and old
    To fight for our freedom,
    To stand and be bold.



    In the midst of all evil,
    We stand our ground,
    And we protect our country
    From all terror around.



    Peace and not war,
    Is what some people say.
    But I'll give my life,
    So you can live the American way.



    I give you the right
    To talk of your peace.
    To stand in your groups,
    and protest in our streets.



    But still I fight on,
    I don't [censored], I don't whine.
    I'm just one of the people
    Who is doing your time.



    I'm harder than nails,
    Stronger than any machine.
    I'm the immortal soldier,
    I'm a U.S. MARINE!</ B>


    So stand in my shoes,
    And leave from your home.
    Fight for the people who hate you,
    With the protests they've shown. </ I>
    Fight for the stranger,
    Fight for the young.
    So they all may have,
    The greatest freedom you've won .



    Fight for the sick,
    Fight for the poor
    Fight for the cripple,

    Who lives next door.







    But when your time comes,
    Do what I've done.
    For if you stand up for freedom,
    You'll stand when the fight's done .

    By: Corporal Aaron M. Gilbert, US Marine Corps
    USS SAIPAN, PERSIAN GULF

    March 23, 2003
    Hey Dad,
    Do me a favor and label this "The Marine"
    and send it to
    everybody on your email list.
    Even leave this letter in it.
    I want this rolling all over the US ;
    I want every home reading it.
    Every eye seeing it.&nb sp;
    And every heart to feel it.
    So can you please send this for me?
    I would but my email time isn't that long
    and I don't have much time anyway.
    You know what Dad?
    I wondered what it would be like to truly understand
    what JFK said in His inaugural speech:

    "When the time comes to lay down my life for my country ,
    I do not cower from this responsibility.
    I welcome it."


    Well, now I know.
    And I do. Dad, I welcome the opportunity to do what I do.
    Even though I have left behind a beautiful wife,
    and I will miss the birth of our first born child,
    </ FONT>I would d do it 70 times over to fight for
    the place that God has made for my home.
    I love you all and I miss you very much.
    I wish I could be there when Sandi has our baby,
    but tell her that I love her, and Lord willing,
    I will be coming home soon.
    Give Mom a great big hug from me and give one to yourself too.
    Aaron

    Please let this marine (and all our military)
    know we care by passing his poem onto your friends
    even if y ou don't usually take time to forward mail...do it this time!
    Thanks,
    If this touched you as much as it touched me,
    please forward it on.
    Let's help Aaron's dad spread the word . . .
    FREEDOM isn't FREE
    someone pays for you and me.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A poem from a Marine to his Father. Recieved in e-mail.

    This poem is already in every veteran's heart: at home and abroad.

    BTW, Does anyone remember what happened 63 years ago yeaterday. Retired Teach, you should know, if I remember you taught history many years ago.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Glory_Days's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2003
    Posts
    963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A poem from a Marine to his Father. Recieved in e-mail.

    nice post...ooooo rah

  4. #4
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A poem from a Marine to his Father. Recieved in e-mail.

    WWII ended??

  5. #5
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A poem from a Marine to his Father. Recieved in e-mail.

    no,wrong answer

  6. #6
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A poem from a Marine to his Father. Recieved in e-mail.

    My littlebrother is Army, Inf. Devision, in Fort Lewis Washington...We are only 2 years appart, so we have always been best friends to say the least...It is amazing to talk to him on the phone and hear him say that laying down his life for us is not a fear for him, but an honor...Makes you stop and think sometimes, what have you done for this place lately...While all of us fight for or against the war, the boys who are actually fighting it, don't really care why Bush went into Iraq, but the know what they've done there and they are so proud of that, as they should be...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  7. #7
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A poem from a Marine to his Father. Recieved in e-mail.

    I believe that would be D Day. June 6th, 1944.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  8. #8
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A poem from a Marine to his Father. Recieved in e-mail.

    Ding, Ding, Ding!!! You win!!

    It was originally scheduled to begin on June 4, 1944, but bad weather kept it from beginning until June 6.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •